Sound Sleep & Better Skin.
During the day, our skin actively fights off pollution & UV light. At night it switches to repair & cell production mode which is why sound sleep and better skin go hand in hand.
As your skin is repairing at night your bedtime routine should be all about treatment and giving your skin what it needs in that moment.
- If your skin is looking dull, exfoliate.
- If it is irritated, hydrate and protect.
- And always use your repairing serums at night.
We love Dermalogica’s Sound Sleep Cocoon™, which transforms skin overnight by optimizing night time skin recovery. It’s a sacred bedtime ritual at Vibe Beauty! Tamarind Seed promotes the skins natural hydration process, Wu-Zhu-Yu brightens & Persian Silk Tree extract reduces signs of fatigue.
More importantly motion activated essential oils, including French Lavender, Sandalwood & Patchouli, gradually release as you toss and turn to give you a great night’s sleep.
As the time you spend sleeping is some of your most productive, let’s make sure you make the most of it.
Here are some of our favourite tips for a more restful sleep.
Sound Sleep Cocoon™ applied after your chosen moisturiser. We recommend occasionally pairing this with Dermalogica’s Sound Sleep App for some incredibly enchanting sleep sounds.
- Drink Some Honey & ACV (2 Tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar & 1 Tablespoon of Honey stirred into a Cup of Hot Water) – our go to tranquiliser.
- Do your Gratitude Journal.
- Visual Overwriting – Try 10 minutes of Tetris, Candy Crush Saga or something similar, before going to bed. Research shows that watching the blocks falling or the pieces swapping can crowd out anything looping in your mind like unanswered emails, to do lists & arguments.
- Make your room as dark as possible & avoid technology once you get into bed!.